Friday, May 24, 2013

DIY Nail Polish Shelf


    It frustrates me seeing my nail polishes in a small box/container and sometimes end up misplacing them because some of my polishes doesn't seem to fit right on my little container so I have to place them elsewhere. I went to SM malls and Robinsons to hopefully find a better container/box to place my nail polishes. I didn't succeed to find one and so I decided to make one instead haha. While I'm in my room, I found this empty glamourboxes and I think it will work so I gave it a shot!

First you need:

  • Scissor
  • Ruler
  • A pencil
  • Sticks (Be creative :) I used barbecue sticks and wrap ribbon around them)
  • Glue gun
  • A box a colgate
  • And an Empty Glamourbox :) *or any box*



 So first measure the length of your box and divide it into halves, that will be the second floor shelf of your box (did I said that right? haha) so you can store more nail polishes


Then take a colgate box, cut it likeso and glue it on the box using a glue gun. Make sure that you press the glue firmly so your base can take the weight of your polishes for it not to fall down. Then measure the width of your box. Make a sticks that has the same measurement with the width of your box. I placed it on the middle of the box and in 1/4 of each shelf. 


So here is the finish product! Sorry for the crappy photos, I only used my phone's camera :(. Anyway, I think this is a great way to store your nail polishes. Not only you can see the colors easily, you can also save space because you can placed it on your wall! :) I made two shelves already cause I enjoyed making it haha. Hope you give this a try! :)

Thankyou,
Ayette ♥

2 comments: